Monday, September 8, 2008

My Sister Ann

I mentioned in my "about me" that my sisters and I all have a love of decorating... of vintage treasures... of the hunt to find the perfect little "goodie" for the perfect little spot. There are 6 of us. We all love old things. We get it from our mother who has been an antique lover and "junker" by nature her whole life.

My sister Ann lives in a beautiful farmhouse in South Texas on quite a few acres... I think about 80. I'm so jealous. My little 5 acres pales in comparison! While all of my sisters and I love antiques and very similar items to a certain degree... we all have a little different flair about our styles. Ann has tons of everything! Don't ask me how she dusts! She loves true country farmhouse items and has some of the most beautiful pieces ever! Don't even get me started about her farmhouse kitchen table. I've been begging her for it for YEARS!! I'm eventually going to wear her down!! (Hopefully!)

I hope you enjoy this mini-tour of her comfortable, warm, vintage farmhouse... and most importantly, always welcoming country home.

Backyard swing under a big 'ol oak

Ann's beautiful front porch. It spans the whole width of her house and looks upon her beautiful property.


One of the many country cupboard vignettes in Ann's kitchen.
Her sunny and almost magical "toy room" guest bedroom. My girls and her granddaughters LOVE it!She even has a guest bedroom decorated completely with vintage sewing items.

No comments: